



I finished some preliminary renderings for my parent's remodel, so I thought I would share. We are adding on a master suite in the rear of their existing house. We tried to keep the front pretty similar to what was existing to save cost. Just a little spruce up in front with a recessed/beveled window and a trellis and low wall in front. I'll have to upload a photo of the existing house so you can compare. Everything in the rear shot is new and we are changing the existing garage from a side by side into a tandem. More details and revisions to come!
November 30, 2007
4 comments:
wow, Erin and Rob! It looks great - the houses you make are almost as good as the babies you make.
I like the glass pulled to the edge of the building and cutting out that corner. What is happening between the two volumes off the back? Wish our parents let us do stuff to their houses..
hey natalie, thanks for your comment. i'll put up another pic to show more of the back. we originally had a trellis that ran between the addition and the tandem garage that created a cool covered walkway, but the city said we could not attach the 2 structures otherwise we would have to meet the new setback restrictions. That would have moved the entire garage 5 feet closer to the addition. so, to answer your question, we are trying to come up with new solutions to make that walkway feel cool, but don't have anything shown in this rendering yet.
Ah, I see better now. Silly city requirements! The volumes are nice as individual entities, I wonder if a trellis would make them feel to connected? I wonder if you could get away with a Trellis as a free standing structure only over the deck portion off the back of the main house. Or you could always put it on after your final inspection. Oh, did I just say that out loud?!
Post a Comment